Monday, April 8, 2013

She turned to the Sunlight...


She turned to the sunlight
    And shook her yellow head,
And whispered to her neighbor:
    "Winter is dead.” 


No matter how long the winter… the spring is sure to follow!

And this year, the astronomical spring in the Northern Hemisphere began on

Wednesday, March 20 and will be ending on Thursday, June 20..

Haha.. this was bit too technical ain’t it!


Don’t worry I m not writing this to bore u… I would just like to pen down how God changes this drab and dirty world into vibrant & vivacious one around March-April!!! Spring is when everything is alive! It puts a spirit of youth in everything! 

Each April morning I wake up to the song of the cuckoo..  (have to emphasize that i m talking about the real cuckoo! cos every other day of the year also i wake up to the song of the cuckoo... its the ALARM on my husband's cell phone!!!!) and the funny thing about this is that... during this time... as the alarm on his cell rings... the real cuckoo even responds to the alarm... or in their language the CALL!!!!!
Its so amusing... I can't even snooze it :P

Well then as my (spring) day starts... n I set out for work... on the way i see these Golden-Yellow blooms... the whole tree is full of these hanging yellow inflorescence and its a treat for my eyes to watch a full row of these spectacular flora by the roadside! 

I go further ahead and huge pink.. purple.. n red trees dot my way on either sides........ with no greens on them... the entire tree acquires the hues of these flowers.. creating a marvelous scene!

There is new foliage springing to life on the massive old trees.. the tiny.. tender.. pink hued leaves are immensely endearing on the over-sized colossals...

Another appealing sight is the mango blossoms... ('mohor' as we call it in marathi...) 

Come March and the mango tree starts bearing these petite, white flower blooms and by the start of the month of April, the plant is full of dark-green, raw mangoes... hanging from almost all the branches of the thick, broad vegetation... 
(and yes.. I love to munch on them too... the tangy taste tickles the taste buds !!!)

After a long hard n a dreary day at work................. (huh! was it a too long dragging day... nope i was just exaggerating!!... ) when i return to my home in the evenings.... its the time for the birds too... to go home... to their safe n secure nests. There is one particular tree... may be around a hundred years old... which is an abode to countless birds! The tree is full of chirps and tweets... (by this i don't mean that the birds are unusually tech-savvy as to use twitter!!!!) 
Well, coming back to the chirps n tweets... the sound is extremely melodious and when I pass by this tree I just get lost for the moment! 

To sum it up... I would say... that... 

"The Aprils have never meant much to me  before... 
..before I realized that Spring is the season of the beginnings...."



 

No comments:

Post a Comment